Thursday, June 9, 2011

Zach Galifianakis Is Not That Funny

Source: starpulse.com


TiK ToK hit-maker Ke$ha has previously insisted Galifianakis is her ideal man, admitting she has a penchant for fat and bearded boyfriends, but Galifianakis admits he snubbed her attempts to contact him and criticized her music when they finally met during a night out.

He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I saw that Ke$ha woman the other day. She was sitting by herself, and I walked up to her and said, 'Listen, I got your e-mail. Your music is really bad! I don't know who listens to it, but I imagine it's, like, six year olds - and it's a bad message.'"

And when children approach him and tell him they loved The Hangover, he'll simply bend down and tell them they have terrible parents. "And I mean it."

Joke or not, ironically enough I would equate "Hangover's" plotline and "message" to be more or less the same as Kesha's music, thus I would say Galifianakis is in no position to judge her. One could say the same as he does, the parents who let their younger kids listen to her music are "bad parents". There are also far more idiotic music out there, which is also less fun, so I see no point in singling out Kesha as she has stated a long time ago;
"People are shocked by it, but if I were Guns ‘N’ Roses or Van Halen, no-one would be surprised. Or a rapper – look at all those songs on the radio that are, like, ‘Girl go up and down the pole’. I mean, dance for me dudes! I understand I’m supposed to be feminine and dainty, but I’m not".
She's got a point, a guy would not get negative attention about the same issue to this extent, which is extremely hypocritical. And also, if you endorse a violent rapist like Mike Tyson in your movies, it would be wise to not open up your mouth about immorality.

On a different note, I don't find him particularly funny. Too much of his humor is his overstated appearance, weight and beard, "look! I'm fat, and I have a beard, and I'm weird because I'm very feminine at the same time, but I'm not gay!" - which gives an easy laugh. "Hangover" is one of the most unfunny films I have ever seen in my life, but it appeals to the Western masses especially, as it's all about alcohol and inebriation. It's like saying "poop" to a kid, and you know they'll laugh their asses off.

Very primitive and cheap humor, which can be funny at times, just not at this extent.